Reading credit repair reviews is a good way to find a credit repair company that can help fix your credit. If your credit report isn’t good and you find that your credit rating won’t qualify you for a loan that you need then you may need a credit repair company that can help you restore your credit.
However, you might have heard so many horror stories about people getting taken advantage of by bad credit repair companies and you are worried about finding a good one. While there are some great credit repair services out there finding them takes a bit of research and time. Here are a few tips on how to use credit repair reviews to help you find that great credit repair company.
Use Credit Repair Reviews to Find Reputable Companies
To begin with finding a good credit repair company isn’t as difficult as it may seem. You can begin with checking your local phone directory or doing an online search for a company in your area. Make a list of these companies for further research.
Once you have a list of several companies to work from then you are going to want to do a little more in-depth research. Start by learning how long the company has been in business in your area. A company that has been in business in the same place for at least 5 years is usually considered to be trustworthy and gives good service.
But, don’t rely on just this information alone check with the BBB and see what ratings they have, if there have been complaints against the company and how those complaints were resolved.
Next check online reviews both professional and unbiased user reviews. This should give you some idea of how well thought of the company is. Once you have narrowed your choice down to two or three companies then call them and find out if they offer free consultations. If so visit each company. Here is what you need to look for during that visit.
6 Signs of a Great Credit Repair Company
1. A good credit repair company will not make you a lot of promises. They will tell you right up front just how much or how little their services can help you. They won’t promise you any instant fixes and will tell you that repairing your credit will take some time.
2. A reputable credit repair service like Lexington Law will have lawyers and paralegals on staff.
3. A good credit repair lawyer will not ask you for any money in advance. They won’t charge you until they actually begin work on your case.
4. A legitimate credit repair attorney will offer you references of past clients who they have helped and their success rate.
5. A good credit restoration company will give you a written contract.
6. A reliable and trustworthy credit repair company isn’t going to do anything illegal. If they don’t feel they can help you they will tell you that upfront because they don’t want to raise your hopes with promises they can’t deliver on. If they feel they can help you they will tell you exactly how much help they can be.
By using credit repair reviews correctly you can decide if hiring the company is worth it or not. It can prevent you from being taken in by big promises of quick fixes as that is simply not going to happen. And if you do need a credit repair service, you will be able to find the best one that can help fix your credit so you can get a loan that you want.